Inclusive Education in Lower Secondary Schools in Germany – INSIDE
The cooperation project between the Institute for Educational Quality Improvement, the Leibniz- Institute for Educational Trajectories and the University of Wuppertal focus on three main questions:
- How and in which ways is inclusive education in the lower Secondary schools in Germany implemented?
- Which conditions lead to a successful individual development of students with special needs in an inclusive setting? And which effects thereby for students without special needs can be recorded?
- How are classroom practices and processes adapted and differentiated for students with and without special needs?
One main reference of the project is the UN-Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), where conditions and claims for inclusive education have been anchored. Furthermore the projects will be monitored by members of the civil society e. g. decision-maker and practitioners. In the first phase of this project, school principals of Secondary Schools in Germany will be surveyed online. In a second step we select schools based on the first survey and track students of these schools in a longitudinal study. The research focuses hereby on achievement tests and questionnaires for students, questionnaires for teachers, principals, and also a telephone survey with the parents. In a third study we collect data about inclusive education practices by asking the teachers to document their teaching habits and routines in a diary.
In cooperation with:
- Prof. Dr. Hans-Günther Roßbach & Dr. Monja Schmitt (LIfBi)
- Dr. Cornelia Gresch, Dr. Katrin Böhme & Prof. Dr. Petra Stanat (IQB)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Grosche (BUW)
Dr. Monja Schmitt (monja.schmitt[at]lifbi.de)
Dr. Cornelia Gresch (cornelia.gresch[at]iqb.hu-berlin.de)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Grosche (michael.grosche[at]uni-wuppertal.de)
Duration: December 2016 - November 2020
Funding: Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
- Acquisition of Competencies and Professionalization
- Knowledge and Participation
- Education and Equity
- Returns to Education
- Educational Monitoring and Information