Doctoral School in Educational Sciences
- Vice-rectorate Doctoral Training and International Relations
- Research Unit ECCS (Education, Culture, Cognition, Society)
- Research Institute Applied Educational Sciences (AES)
- Research Institute Education and Society (InES)
- Research Institute on Multilingualism (MLing)
- Research Institute Lifelong Learning and Guidance (LLLG)
- Research Institute Teacher Professionalization and Psychology of Education (TPPE)
Doctoral candidates of the University of Luxembourg whos doctoral thesis is being developed along a fundamental research questions relevant for the educational sciences.
Combining historical, educational and cultural analysis with sociology, psychology, and sociolinguistics, the Doctoral School in Educational Sciences covers all relevant disciplines involved in contemporary research on education. With the special focus on the challenges facing societies today, the doctoral candidates develop the knowledge, principles, and skills needed to analyze educational programs, policies, and practices. After completing their doctoral work, the Doctoral School’s graduates go on to serve in the academy, in educational policy or in educational organizations at all levels.
- History, Theory and Sociology of Education
- Learning, Cognition and Development
- Multilingualism in Education and Society
The Doctoral School understands itself as interdisciplinary training environment enabling doctoral candidates to write their theses on a high international level. The doctoral candidates join particular classes (min 20 ECTS) and are entitled to spend a three-month research stay at a relevant research university abroad.
More details for the next courses
Prof. Dr Daniel Tröhler
Telefon: ++352 466 644 96 15
University of Luxembourg