Promotion of Young Researchers at the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi)
The promotion of young researchers at the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi) aims to follow the guidelines regarding the working conditions and career promotion of graduating and graduated researchers within the institutes of the Leibniz Association.
At LIfBi, not only scientific but also nonscientific staff members are trained through in-house further education and training opportunities. Especially due to the network character of the National Educational Panel Study (NEPS), which is conducted by the LIfBi, young scientists during their qualification phase have the opportunity to avail of the excellent structures of knowledge exchange as part of this nationwide cooperation. They can use this exchange of ideas with leading scientists in their respective fields to present their own research findings.
Through its affiliation with the University of Bamberg, the LIfBi has additional opportunities regarding the promotion of young researchers as part of this strategic cooperation. Dissertations by doctoral candidates are supervised by professors from the University of Bamberg and embedded into structured doctoral programs. As a result, the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories at the University of Bamberg offers a stimulating research environment where researchers are supported in an excellent way and fostered in the field of empirical educational research. Joint training opportunities in the form of workshops, summer schools, and other career-enhancing events are offered to encourage the collaboration between researchers, to initiate new, joint research projects and to intensify the transfer of knowledge between scientists in the field of longitudinal educational research and contiguous disciplines. Additionally, further synergy effects emerge as a result of the multilocal network structure, which are distributed across the different research institutions and universities throughout the whole of Germany.
Promotion of young researchers at the Leibniz Institute for Educational Trajectories (LIfBi)
- Supervision of doctoral candidates by professors from the University of Bamberg and structured doctoral programs
- Bamberg Graduate School of Social Sciences (BAGSS) funded by the Excellence Initiative of the Federal Government and the Länder: http://www.uni-bamberg.de/bagss/
- Master’s program “Empirical Educational Research”
- Master’s program “Survey Statistics”
- Trimberg Research Acadamy (TRaC): http://www.uni-bamberg.de/en/trac/
- Guest lectures, workshops, and career-enhancing training programs
- DFG Priority Programme 1646 “Education as a Lifelong Process“: https://spp1646.neps-data.de
Promotion through the nationwide NEPS network:
- College for Interdisciplinary Education Research: http://ciderweb.org
- Graduate Program of the Institute for Employment Research (IAB) and the School of Business and Economics of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg: http://www.iab.de/en/ueberblick/graduiertenprogramm.aspx
- Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences: http://gess.uni-mannheim.de/GESS/
- International Max Planck Research School on the Life Course (LIFE): http://www.imprs-life.mpg.de
- Research School Education and Capabilities (educap) der TU Dortmund: http://www.educap.de/