Methods training in empirical educational research at the Research Data Center (FDZ) at the Institute for Educational Quality Development (IQB)
Researchers and advanced students in educational research, sociology, psychology, social sciences and subject didactics
The method workshops organized by the FDZ aim at deepening the competencies for analyzing data from educational studies.
The choice of topics reflects current developments in educational research. Topics which are established in educational research are covered as well as methods which are relatively new to the field. The workshops are taught by established experts in the field. Among other topics, the following methods were taught at recent workshops:
- Propensity Score Matching
- Multi-level Analysis with HLM and R
- Measurement- and Strucutral-Equation-Modelling with Mplus
- Strucutral-Equation-Modelling of Change with Mplus
- Analysing longitudinal data with HLM
- One and multi-dimensional item-response Models in R
- IRT Scaling with ConQuest
- Introduction to R
- Missing Data with R
- Graphs with R
- Inference Statistics with R
A four-day series of workshops with two parallel workshops per day are offered each year in spring and fall.
+49 30 / 20 93 - 46552
The Research Data Center (FDZ) at the IQB is part of a funding line financed by the federal and state governments for coordinating the research activities of the IQB and the Center for International Student Assessment (ZIB) in the area of competency measurement.