Leibniz Graduate School for Knowledge Media Research at the Knowledge Media Research Center (KMRC)
Post-graduate researchers in Psychology (preferably with emphasis on Educational Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Media Psychology or Social Psychology)
The program of the Leibniz Graduate School for Knowledge Media Research is meant to promote the development of personal skills on the part of the PhD students, to ensure continual and effective mentoring, and to enable top-quality scientific working.
Processes of Knowledge Acquisition and Communication of Scientific Knowledge with multimedia technologys
Regularly seminars covering - four workshops, each two days long
(1) Soft Skills / Titles:
- Academic Writing in English for Psychologists
- Scientific Presentations
- Self and Project Management
- Career Planning in science
(2) Methods / Titles:
- Research Methods & Statistics (Contents: Formation of scales and indices, Exploratory Factor analysis, ANOVA & Regression, Moderation & Mediation, Non-parametric statistics, Multi-Level Analyses, Statistical Software “R”, Academic Writing, etc.)
- Writing Journal Articles
- Applications for third-party funds
(3) Work topics:
- Every PhD project at the KMRC and the department of Applied Cognitive Science and Media Psychology is linked to an in-house research unit that bundles thematically related projects. Further content-related workshops take place within the respective research labs at the KMRC.
Exposés und reports (each after 3-6, 12 and 24 months), that are developed by the PhD students and are reviewed by the presumed first advisor and a further person not involved in the supervision.
Colloquiums, to which graduates attend regularly and in which they should present their work at least twice during their doctoral period.
Organization of promotion:
- Official and elected representatives of the PhD students
- Doctoral Committee, that establishes the above mentioned elements and monitors their transaction
- Attendance at Conferences and Workshops
In most cases the KMRC pays travel expenses and conference fees for attendants who give a presentation at the conference.
- KMRC Colloquium
In the KMRC colloquium, in-house or invited speakers present their research. The speakers, mostly renowned scientists from international research institutions or from industrial companies, are available for discussions after the talk.
- Technical Support
A separate Media Technology unit at KMRC is in charge of service duties as well as research and development tasks. This unit supports the KMRC members in all technical questions - e.g., the design of conference posters, technical support, or programming experimental environments.
Prof. Dr. Ulrike Cress
Phone: +49 7071 / 979 - 209