LEAD Graduate School
- Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien (IWM)
- German Institute for Adult Education – Leibniz Centre for Lifelong Learning (DIE)
- Hector Research Institute of Education Sciences and Psychology (HIB)
Partner at the University of Tübingen:
- Computational Linguistics (ISCL)
- Department of Computer Science (Wilhelm Schickard Institute)
- Department of Psychology (link)
- Department of Sociology (link)
- Germanistische Linguistik (link) (in German)
- Neuroscience (link) (in German)
- School Psychology (link) (in German)
- Institute of Education (link)
- School of Business and Economics (link)
Partner at the University Medical Center of Tübingen:
- Psychiatry und Psychotherapy (link)
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy (link) (in German)
PhD students and postdocs from the following research fields: Education Sciences, Cognitive, Social, and Motivational Psychology, Neuroscience and Informatics, Clinical and Personality Psychology, Language and Linguistics, Sociology and Economics
The LEAD Graduate School aims at fostering outstanding doctoral research on education-related issues and at maintaining the highest standards at all levels of academia: through instigating interdisciplinary research and providing supportive thesis supervision, professional career building, and smooth administrative services. Important elements of the LEAD strategy include master's programs that prepare for a doctorate within LEAD as well as postdoctoral programs.
LEAD also aims at contributing to the relevance and responsibility of educational research by further developing existing structures in this research area.
With an innovative and interdisciplinary approach and in close cooperation, doctoral students, postdocs and professors within LEAD focus on seven key questions on teaching and learning, which are equally relevant for science and practice.
LEAD Lecture Series, LEADing Research Center, Cooperation programme „Science and School“, Retreats, Intramural Project Funding, Colloquia
Prof. Dr. Ulrich Trautwein (Director LEAD)
Excellence Initiative of the German Federal and State Governments